As 2014 wraps up, I thought it would be nice to document how the year was for me, figure out how far I got in accomplishing the goals I set out for myself last year, and what my general plans are for the year to come.
Last year’s resolutions
- Get Fit. [FAILED]
- Earn more money. [PASSED]
So I’m halfway there! As always, lazyness got the better of me and I did not spend time doing any sort of exercise at all. I am determined to change that in 2015 though.
This year was the official start of my professional career as a web applications developer. I started out working on building the product of an up and coming startup, which is slowly making waves in India and recently got a big round of funding. I am now working for another startup in the Enterprise world.
I entertained thoughts of entering a grad school in the US and hence, took the GRE exam. I scored a moderate 317 out of 340, which isn’t bad. I might re-take the test to improve my score in 2015.
Apart from work, I also enjoyed this year quite a bit! My social life has improved quite a bit from last year. Didn’t date a whole lot.
###Good books I read this year:
- Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson.
- And the Mountains Echoed by Khalid Housseni.
- Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov.
###Places I visited:
2015 will be significant. I plan to make some significant changes in my life (not all of which I’ll mention here of course). A major change that I will mention is that I plan to get serious about my health this year.
New Goals for 2015 (in no particular order)
- Start cycling or running regularly.
- Read more technical books.
- Earn more money. (This goal will be in every list I make!)
- Visit more places inside the country.
- Visit another country.
- Learn a new language - Spanish or German.
- Become competent in another programming language and its ecosystem.
- Ship more code.
- Publish more blog posts (including the currently half-baked ones).
- Move (I can’t do another year of 3+ hrs daily commute).
That’s about it. Lets see how many of those I succeed at.
Happy New Year!